The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Senior Program Officer, Pharmacy
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|HIV Lead, TB Lead
|Program Management Team, Project Director
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
The SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER will work closely with the Program Manager Pharmacy to ensure the effective coordination and implementation of all Pharmacy and Supply Chain activities in the GF-GC7 grant. S/He will collaborate closely with the National PSM stakeholders to ensure the implementation of all pharmacy and supply chain strategies in the supported states and provide technical guidance for program implementation according to the national guidelines and policies.
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the program manager, the senior program officer of pharmacy (Central) will support the implementation of all pharmacy and supply chain activities under the grant.
- Supports the Program manager-Pharmacy in overseeing procurement, warehousing, distribution, logistics, and supply management activities of the GF-GC7 grant.
- Works with the SRs to ensure the availability of Anti-retroviral and anti-TB medicines and medicines used to treat Opportunistic Infections, STIs, and Harm reduction at the supported facilities.
- Supports the SRs to ensure timely submission of LMIS reports across the supported facilities.
- Ensures rational use of all medicines according to the National HIV treatment guidelines.
- Provides technical assistance to SRs to implement Pharmacovigilance and Pharmaceutical care activities according to the grant.
- Works closely with the National and State PSM stakeholders to identify technical assistance required to achieve the expected outcomes for the GF GC7 grant.
- Represents IHVN at relevant stakeholder engagement through meetings and conferences.
- Prepares weekly and monthly project updates, reports and monthly activity plans.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office – (Word, Spreadsheet, and PowerPoint), other applicable software, and video conferencing are required.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data and prepare quality program reports.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a degree in a B.Pharm/Pharm D
- A Postgraduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria and have evidence of current practising license.
- S/He must have at least 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain management of HIV/AIDS medicines and commodities.
- Must be familiar with the NHLMIS platform and monitoring and interpreting supply chain indicators.
- Knowledgeable on Pharmacovigilance and the available reporting channels.
- Experience in the provision of LMIS and Pharmaceutical care training.
- Must have at least three years’ experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV programs.
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery.
- Willingness to travel to the States within Nigeria.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].