The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Position||Senior Project Support Officer, Gf-Pcu|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Scheduled Work Time||Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)|
|Reports To||HIV Lead, TB Lead.|
|Operational Contacts||Program Management Team, Project Director|
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
The Senior Project Support Staff, under the supervision of the Program Leads, will coordinate and manage critical aspects of the project from inception to completion concerning budget tracking, the use of current SOP, identifying and analyzing the needs of the project, identify project issues or concerns, and recommend administrative strategies.
Description and objectives:
Under the program leads’ supervision, the staff will collaborate closely with Sub-Recipients and other relevant stakeholders to organise and support project activities, monitor progress, ensure timeline adherence, and facilitate communication between various stakeholders. S/he will be crucial in ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and meeting client expectations. The Senior Project Support Staff plays a critical role in ensuring the successful completion of tasks. With their coordination skills, attention to detail, and strategic planning abilities, they contribute to the organisation’s overall success by delivering tasks that meet stakeholders’ expectations and are executed within budget and timelines.
Project Planning and Coordination:
- Work closely with project stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, deliverables and timelines.
- Develop detailed project plans, including timelines, tasks, and resource allocation.
- Identify and address potential project risks and develop contingency plans.
- Coordinating project activities across multiple teams and departments. Work with all SRs within all supported states.
Budgeting and resource allocation:
- Preparing and managing project budgets.
- Support the allocation and tracking of necessary resources, such as personnel, equipment, and materials, to ensure project success.
- Monitor project budget and expenses, tracking costs and making recommendations for cost optimisation.
- Coordinate with procurement departments, ensuring timely acquisition of necessary project resources and materials.
- Optimise resource utilisation, ensuring that project teams have the required skills and expertise for project success.
Quality Control, Reporting and documentation:
- Creating and maintaining project documentation, including project plans, progress reports, and documentation of lessons learned. Providing timely and accurate project status updates to senior management and stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including project plans, progress reports, and meeting minutes.
- Ensure adherence to project specifications, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct periodic project reviews to evaluate deliverable quality and identify opportunities for improvement.
Project Execution and Monitoring:
- Oversee and monitor project progress, identifying deviations from the plan and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure project milestones and deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Coordinate project activities and tasks, ensuring effective communication and collaboration among team members.
- Evaluate project performance and provide timely reports to management and relevant stakeholders.
Stakeholder Coordination and Management:
- Serve as a key point of contact for project stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and team members.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between stakeholders, ensuring clear and effective information flow.
- Address stakeholder concerns and resolve conflicts or issues that may arise during the project lifecycle.
- Engaging and communicating with stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather requirements, provide project updates, and manage expectations.
Education and Experience
An advanced degree in public health or a related field, such as business administration or project management.
- At least three years of proven experience in project coordination, preferably in a related industry.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Proficient in project management software and tools to plan, execute, and monitor projects.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide project teams.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].