The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Award is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities. USAID recently approved a grant to scale up Contact Investigation activities in 4 States.
Job Title: Contact Investigation Coordinator, (CI Coordinator) TIFA, TB-LON 3
Department: Prevention, Care and Treatment
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Director of Technical Programs (DTP), TB-LON 3 Project
Opening Date: 8th November 2022
Closing Date: 22nd November 2022
The CI Coordinator will support the DTP in the implementation of TB-LON 3 Contact Investigation activities. She/he will oversee TIFA field CI operations across the LON 3 States, with special focus on rapid scale-up, tracking activity implementation, driving target achievements and improving the quality of CI services.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the overall implementation and scale-up of TB-LON 3 Facility and Community CI and TPT activities in the project states.
- Provide capacity building, supportive supervision, coaching and mentoring for CI Monitors and other field staff.
- Build strong partnerships and strategic collaborations with NTBLCP, STBLCP, Community gatekeepers and other key stakeholders
- Represent TB-LON 3 on relevant committees and technical working groups and support the review and update of relevant policies, guidelines and training manuals.
- Conduct CI data verification, validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Track the contribution of TB-LON 3 to CI and TPT uptake in the four States.
- Support research and learning around CI scale up and TPT uptake.
- Produce periodic reports on the achievement of CI activities in TB-LON 3.
- Perform other duties assigned by IHVN Management.
- Master’s degree, or its equivalent in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in public health service provision and implementation, especially in TB, HIV, and other diseases of public health importance.
- Proven experience in capacity building, leadership, planning and management.
- Experience in working with health and community stakeholders, particularly in the South West States.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.