The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a Revolutionary Program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
State Research Assistant TB-LON 3
The Research Coordinator
Oyo & Osun States
Opening Date: 11/04/2022
Closing Date: 25/04/2022
The Research Assistant will take part in the research and routine analytical work for the project’s interventions. S/he will be involved in the administration of questionnaires, recruit clients into the research/study according to the inclusion criteria, and will keep a record of all recruited clients on the research. Performs duties and activities pertaining to the research sites to ensure research/study objectives are achieved
The Assistant will strictly adhere to ethical standards in the conduct of this evaluation and other duties as assigned by the Research Coordinator to whom she/he will report.
- Coordinates all research activities in the state and reports to the Research Coordinator
- Maintains quality control standards to preserve the integrity of research, data, and findings
- Schedule and conduct interviews with research participants
- Gets a convenient place to conduct interviews and obtains permission/consent from all participants
- Analyze data using various statistical methods
- Writes reports to summarize data and the implications of the results
- Documents all activities, results, and reports to the Research Coordinator.
- Undertakes basic administrative tasks such as filing and record keeping.
- Complies with the correct procedures, and policies of health and safety regulations.
- Participates in the execution of deliverables to meet targets within agreed timelines.
- Follows methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Stays informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have participated in a Research Project within the past two years
- Computer literacy and experience with data Information Systems.
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Degree in Medical Science, Social Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related fields.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The subject of the email should be the job position and the full name of the applicant.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.