The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a revolutionary Award program funded by USAID partnering with communities, facilities and relevant state and national structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity.
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities
|Position (Designation):||Social and Behavioral Change Consultant Communications (SBCC) (USAID Nigeria TB LON 3)|
|Reports To:||Community Mobilization Advisor & Deputy Chief of Party|
|Job Location:||Lagos State|
Opening Date: 16/5/2022
Closing Date: 30/5/2022
The Consultant will provide strategic communications consultation and guidance to the project. He/She will plan, drive, implement, monitor, and measure the results of communications plans to advance IHVN/TB LON 3 mission, strategic plan, and business objectives.
- Support strategy planning and execution for communication plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, crisis communication, organizational communication, community relations, social media and executive communication.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Ensure the organizational voice and narrative, and Mission, Vision and Values, including the culture and heritage of founding organizations, are present in all communication efforts.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
- Support and evaluate the results of communication campaigns with the team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong skills in the field of communications, media relations, social media, digital, news, and/or staff engagement communications activities.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the communications discipline along with critical thinking and strategic counseling skills.
- Demonstrates strong writing, editing, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build and improve positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Understands and acts independently to drive functional strategies forward to advance IHVN/TB LON3 mission, strategic plan, and business goals.
- Strong networking and representational skill. Builds credibility with peers and internal stakeholders.
- Assesses opportunities for improvements, and demonstrates willingness and ability to adapt to change.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality
- Conversant with the use of Microsoft Office Applications – MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Should possess a background in Communication Arts or any other Social Sciences
- Master’s or higher degree in Communication Arts is an added advantage
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.