The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities, and relevant State and National structures to improve access to tuberculosis (TB) case finding, diagnosis, treatment, and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment, and notification with improved TB service delivery.
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced.
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient, and other Implementing Entities.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in HIV and TB care and treatment, IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Position||Program Manager Childhood and Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (PM CTB/DRTB)|
|Reports to:||The Chief of Party,TB-LON 3 Project|
Opening Date: 16/06/2023
Closing Date: 30/06/2023
Under the supervision of the Director of Technical Programs, the Program Manager Childhood and Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (PM, CTB/DRTB) for the USAID TB-LON 3 project will be responsible for the technical content of CTB/DRTB service delivery across the continuum of clinical and community care, from case finding to cure. She/He will provide technical expertise in high-impact CTB/DRTB interventions and their integration into established service delivery systems within public and private sector health service providers. S/he will lead the day-to-day implementation of CTB/DRTB activities for the Project, design, and guide interventions, develop key technical partnerships, oversee and conduct technical training, represent the project in technical meetings, and ensure documentation and dissemination of CTB/DRTB best practices from the Project.
- Develop/adapt the technical content of CTB/DRTB service delivery, encompassing the continuum of clinical and community TB care and capacity-building tools, guidelines, SOPs, and other policy documents.
- Provide technical support, including capacity building to State TB Program Staff and existing Project staff in improving MDR/XDR-TB case detection and management.
- Coordinate and monitor the progress of programmatic Management of Drug-resistant TB, including but not limited to active case finding, contact management, TB/HIV, TB infection control, patient support, TB logistics management, treatment response monitoring, and monthly program reviews through MDR-TB Concilium of expert review.
- Support the expert DR-TB committees and TB technical, strategic working group meetings to address policy, technical and programmatic gaps in MDR-TB diagnosis, treatment, and infection control.
- Coordinate the cascade of care for CTB/DR-TB, including prevention services, case finding interventions, quality diagnostic services and case holding, referrals, and linkage support services.
- Develop innovative strategies and activities for improving the impact of TB-LON 3 CTB/DRTB activities.
- Coordinate with the NTBLCP, STBLCPs, and other stakeholders to determine all capacity-building needs for CTB/DR-TB and identify suitable opportunities to deploy appropriate resources to meet these needs.
- Work in close collaboration with the FMOH, SMOH, NTBLCP, STBLCP, USAID, and other stakeholders on the identification of technical assistance required to achieve the expected outcomes for CTB/DRTB for the TB-LON 3 Project as a whole and for specific State targets as well.
- Provide mentoring and supervision to the CTB/DR-TB activities of the TB-LON 3 State Teams.
- Prepare, update, analyze, and interpret the CTB/DR-TB care cascade and performance data daily, weekly, monthly, and as required; troubleshoot solutions for improving the quality of care and achieving project targets and objectives for CTB/DR-TB.
- Keep the Project Leadership informed of progress, constraints, and other issues regularly and assist with identifying appropriate responses.
- Coordinate development of training curricula, standards operating procedures (SOPs) and oversee training on CTB/DRTB
- Represent IHVN in presenting periodic reports to USAID and other key stakeholders through meetings, conferences, etc.
- Produce weekly and monthly project updates and reports and monthly activity plans for CTB/DRTB.
- Champion and facilitate the achievement of program targets at the TB-LON 3 country office.
- Any other function that the COP and IHVN Executive Management may assign.
Experience, skills, and competencies
- At least seven (7) years of experience working with TB programs at various levels.
- At least five (5) years of experience implementing CTB/DRTB activities.
- Experience in building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CTB/DRTB guidelines and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and fluently in the English language (oral and written) and good inter and intrapersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages, presentation skills, and video conferencing are required.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in program narrative and proposal writing, data evaluation, and excellent report writing.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Excellent persuasive skills, and good stakeholders’ management track record.
- Fundamental skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Must be proactive and deliver quality work on time.
- Be willing and able to work effectively in a team.
- Must possess a degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS or equivalent).
- Postgraduate qualification/master’s level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
- This advert closes 14 days from the date of this publication, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.