The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The IT technician delivers IT support to the end user in a centrally coordinated structure. Diagnose or escalate repair and maintenance of hardware and software components via SysAid helpdesk. Install and configure computer hardware and provide IT support for the end user. Installing, configuring and supporting laptops, desktops, tablet, mobile phones, and printers.
Opening Date: 3rd February 2022
Closing Date: 17th February 2022
Job description & SOW
- Maintaining working components through repair or replacement.
- Assisting call-ins or live chat with technical difficulties.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mousses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Maintain records of maintenance of printers and computers and supervise vendors’ maintenance schedule and appointments.
- Interpret problem and determine the best way to resolve it using critical thinking.
- Communicating with clients, supervisors and staff helps everyone to understand the problem and potential solutions. Clearly stating the situation, following through with emails and phone calls and sharing resolutions and making smooth process flow.
- Ability to stay focused on the objective.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 1 – 3 years of IT technician, user support, or system technician experience
- A+, Network +, CCNA certification are added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.